Toronto Metropolitan University
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Toronto Metropolitan University is Canada’s leader in innovative, career-oriented education.
At Toronto Metropolitan University (formerly Ryerson University), we’re dedicated to creating a culture of action. We believe that education and experience go hand-in-hand. What our students learn in the classroom is enhanced by real-world knowledge through internships and co-ops, or amplified through zone learning, specialized minors and graduate programs. Our urban, culturally diverse and inclusive university is home to more than 48,000 students, including 2,900 Master’s and Ph.D. students, 4,000 faculty and staff, and over 225,000 alumni worldwide.
- Sign up for our mailing list so you don’t miss a deadline or an upcoming event!
- Visit our Future Student Events page for upcoming events
- Visit our Future Student Blog to learn what it’s like to join our community!
Find out what it’s like to study in downtown Toronto:
- Undergraduate Programs List
- Scholarships and Awards
- Aboriginal Student Services
- Student Life and Learning Support
- Athletics and Recreation
In April 2022, the university announced our new name of Toronto Metropolitan University, which will be implemented in a phased approach. Learn more about our next chapter.