Mount Royal University
For more than 100 years, we’ve been committed to quality post-secondary education. In small classes led by great professors, you’ll be taught practical, career-ready skills in future-focused programs. You’ll also have access to exceptional labs and simulation centres, and have opportunities to participate in research — giving you a solid foundation for higher learning and preparing you for future graduate studies.
Our average class size of 32 students means you will never feel like a number. Your Mount Royal experience will be as unique as you.
A smaller in-class environment allows students direct access to our passionate professors. It also means that our programs have a hands-on delivery style to ensure our students gain real-life experience before their journey with Mount Royal ends. We offer 35 majors including a number of relatively unique programs such as:
- Our Athletic Therapy program, which is designed to meet accreditation requirements of the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association as well as a 2-year Post Bachelor’s Certificate
- Our 2-year Aviation Diploma, one of Canada’s only elite Aviation Accreditation Board International (AABI) accredited programs
- Alberta’s only four-year Bachelor of Arts — Criminal Justice program
- Our Bachelor of Interior Design, a Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) accredited program that has been offered for more than 15 years
- One of Canada’s only Bachelor of Midwifery programs
- A Bachelor of Nursing program which includes 4 practicum terms starting in the first year!
- Both a 2-year diploma and 4-year degree in Social Work
- Unique degrees in Public Relations, Broadcast Media Studies and Ecotourism and Outdoor Leadership
- …to name a few of our many options
Our campus is the academic home to 14,500 students. It is fully self-contained with many amenities such as dining plans, medical services, a well-equipped recreation facility and a new library bursting with the latest technology.
Take a tour of residence! We offer apartment and townhouse-style residence right on campus equipped with a full kitchen and living room and most importantly, a private bedroom. Space in residence is guaranteed for first-year students who apply and pay their deposit before June 15th.
Here are some other thing to check out:
- Register for an MRU information session or drop-in admissions planning session
- Take a 10-minute virtual campus tour
- Information for International Students
- Our Iniskim Centre which offers programs and services to increase the engagement and success of Indigenous students while also raising awareness of Indigenous peoples and cultures.